Saturday, July 20, 2013

Addicted to Pinterest.

I am officially addicted to Pinterest.  I was previously addicted to looking at the pictures and thinking to myself "yeah, I could do that..." BUT lately, I've been putting the pictures that I love into action! Today's idea came from Booky4First:

The direct link to the idea is here... Booky4First (totally stealing her idea -- it is brilliant.)

As I've said in previous posts, I will be teaching just math this year and I want to make sure that my students' time is not wasted in spending 5-10 minutes getting their whiteboards and/or getting their other manipulatives. So this project has begun.  

The pictures below are the process of creating this shelf.  It really only consists of 6 pieces of plywood screwed together (thank you to a different Pinterest post for making this concept easier!)  The first shelf only ended up costing about $11 total! We had wooden pallets laying around and took the top and two cross bars from that pallet and the two legs were 1 x 6 pieces of wood from Lowe's.  Very cheap and easy to make!

These shelves will go between desks in each group where I will be able to rest their supplies! Yay classroom management!  I will have to make sure to post the after picture once the it is positioned in the room.  ((If it works out like I am hoping!!))

Just after putting it together, before sanding...

During the painting session (excuse my hair -- if you know the south, you know it is HUMID in the summer, and my hair wasn't taking it...)

AFTER... Now, I just have to make about 4 or 5 more...  Can't wait to put these in the classroom!


No comments:

Post a Comment