Thursday, July 25, 2013

Vacation or School... hmm

I am so excited to get the year started with the way my classroom is starting to shape up... but I'm also SO ready to finally go on my vacation!! The countdown is ON... for both! :)

Today was a sad-ish day for me. Last year was my first year and there were only 2 fifth grade teachers at our school.  My teaching partner and I became great friends and we worked SO well together.  This year we had to add a new 5th grade teacher to our team and I was excited to start the year with the new team of the three of us.  Today I found out that my other teaching partner will be moving to a different position in our school! :(  I'm sad to add another new 5th grade teacher to the mix! (it may be a little selfish, but I just LOVED working with her!) ...It is also so strange to only be a 2nd year teacher and now I'm the "veteran" on our grade level... How does that happen!?

ANYWAY. I had more pictures of my room to show!! I am LOVING it!  I can't wait to have a post with the reveal of every inch of my room! :)



I have to give credit to my awesome mom for this stool! She took my nasty ugly old looking brown stool, as well as a cooler treasure chest for my goodies and made it them both into something SUPER awesome to match my room! 

In a previous post, I showed pictures of the creation of a black shelf "thing"... It took a few days to get it right, but I finally got the shelf to work in my room the way I wanted it to! Originally, the shelf was WAY too tall, so I had to take it back home and saw off the legs to make it work.
The shelf (which I still need to make 4 more of) will go in between all of my groups to hold supplies.  If you are interested in seeing the post of how this shelf came about, CLICK HERE.

Here is what the shelf will look like with the desks. The desks will now hold the most important math manipulatives and the students individual whiteboards/markers/erasers.  Yay for no more wasted time getting the supplies I use everyday!! :)

This is what the shelf looks like when two of the side desks are pulled away.


Now... off to make 4 more!

1 comment:

  1. Great idea! I like it:)
    I'm new to fifth this fall! eeeek! Newest follower:)
    www.missthirdgrade.com

    ReplyDelete