Saturday, July 13, 2013

Not a normal Saturday night.

Today has been one of those not so normal days.  Rain all day and the oh-so-addicting Zimmerman Trial.  I've been sucked into watching this "trial" all day... not really a trial, more of the anticipation of whether the jury will make a decision or not.  I have always said that if I was not a teacher, I would be a private investigator - trials like this only prove that to me even more.  However, I would never in a million years give up my teaching position! :)

As the jury deliberates on into the night... and the rain continues, I have no desire to venture out into the crazy Charleston city (where it floods anytime it rains).  So here I sit at home on a Saturday night wondering what to make of my time.  

Then it hits me, I have had a project sitting in a room for MONTHS waiting on me to complete.  Yes, MONTHS. I have had these two very large bags of tennis balls since September.  I am not lucky enough to have carpet in my classroom... all day long I hear the "screech" of the chairs sliding along the floor making the worst sound ever.  However, the thought of cutting a million tennis balls has been the last thing on my list.  Unit now.



I have successfully cut half of the tennis balls in one of the bags.  Yes, only half of one.  BUT, that's progress! :)
And of course.. No project would be complete without the disruption of my 9 month old kitten. She wanted to help?



No comments:

Post a Comment